My momma always told me I would do great things in my life. I think every mother says this to their child to motivate and inspire them but I have always been so focused on making MY momma proud.
My mom was always my biggest cheerleader in life. I think she cheered for me even when she knew I was making a mistake or doing something foolish. However, she always allowed me the opportunity to try it for myself and sometimes, learn a very valuable lesson from whatever that experience may be. It has been hard since she has been gone. I have a lot of cheerleaders in life but I always hope for that one pat on the back from my mom. I want her to be proud.
When Cancer stole my momma away from me a little over a year ago, I knew my life would never be the same again. I not only had a broken heart but a huge empty space in my world that she once filled. I knew I would NEVER forgive the illness that stole her away from me. I set out on a crusade to fight just as hard as my mom did against this BULLY! I set out to spread a message that we would not stand to be bullied by Cancer. WE will win and quite frankly, we'll kick it's ass hard core!
I didn't know where to begin or how I would attack this bully. I came up with a plan, I would start a Relay for Life team. I'm sure I could get a few people together and raise a little money. But, that just wasn't good enough for me. As in all area's of my life....I needed it big, large, and grand. Not only would I start a Relay team but I would set a goal to raise $5000. EASY! But then I thought....why not go bigger even and get my team to throw a gala! If we did that we could make $5000 easy....so why not raise our goal to $10,000! And that's is exactly what we did! I am SO extremely blessed to have the amazing people in my life that I do. My team has been so great, that I really have no words to thank them. I had a vision....I wanted to throw a gala. It would be on Daffodil Day....April 27th...and so, the Daffodil Dinner was born. In the past few months, weeks, days, hours, I watched a vision become a reality! Everything was perfect, exactly how I pictured it in my head. My team mates worked so incredibly hard at tonight's gala fundraiser and for that I thank them from the bottom of my heart! With their help and support and the support of each guest, I know we will crush our $10,000 goal by the time we participate in the Relay on June 14th. Tonight each of us took a memory of a loved one lost and concentrated that anger, sadness and love and....I KNOW they would be proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment