Monday, 5 March 2012

See you in Heaven Momma Bear....

Saturday we said our "Goodbye's" to, in my opinion, the best momma ever!  I couldn't believe the amount of people that attended to give her a send off.  I was amazed at the amount of lives my mother had touched or enriched.  It really is too bad it takes a memorial or Celebration of Life to bring us all together to celebrate one another.  If there is ANYTHING I've learned lately, it is to appreciate EVERYONE...right now!!!!!!!  I felt very overwhelmed on Saturday so I apologize if I didn't spend much time with you chatting or if I didn't even see you. I felt everyone's love and I am so appreciative of it.  I was truly amazed by my brother though.  I was too chicken to speak, I didn't think I could do it.  But he was so brave and spoke such beautiful words about our momma.  I am good at details and "business"....I can plan and execute events like nobodies business but I really find it difficult to find courage to do what he did.  I know he's probably reading this and I hope he knows how proud I am and that I do love him, even though I give him such a hard time!

I want to share the letter I wrote for my mom and that Pastor Gary so lovingly shared for me on Saturday.  I know she was there and she heard what I wrote.  I miss her every second of every day.  I look for her in every thing and I hope she is in Heaven having the time of her life!

xo


"Dear Mom,

Good morning sunshine!  Momma, I miss you.  Not a second of a day goes by that I don’t look for you, think about you or wonder what you are doing in Heaven.  I hope you know how much I love you and how sorry I am for all of the ridiculousness I caused you over the course of your life time.  I do love you so much and I am amazed more and more each day as I discover things about you that I never knew!  You really are a superhero.

My mornings, or days for that matter, are not the same with out you and our usual routine – coffee, soft boiled eggs, the “stories”, the Doctors (yes, the one in the blue scrubs is still cute), and then of course the home and garden network.  I can’t believe how quickly the past four months have gone!  I can’t believe how fast the past 30 years have gone by!  But I wouldn’t change one second of our adventure together. I have so many fun memories, you were so ridiculous sometimes!  Each time I hear a bell ring, I will think of “It’s a Wonderful Life”.  Each time I see a raccoon, well, I have no words, I will probably laugh until I cry! Broccoli and asparagus will definitely hold a special place in my heart for the rest of my life!  Who knew it would be so hard to get you to eat your veggies! As frustrating as those arguments were, I miss them too!  I even miss our sleepless nights, although I am not too anxious to stay up for 5 days straight EVER again!  Bless you Starbucks for getting us through that stretch!

Perhaps the most valuable lesson you ever gave me in life was the opportunity to help you navigate your Cancer.  It scared me, humbled me, inspired me, encouraged me, broke me, and strengthened me.   You helped me learn, in a matter of a few short months, what true priorities should be in life and that family, no matter if they are blood or not, is the most important thing a person can have in their life.  You taught me what true, unconditional love is and that it should be given to every person we are blessed to have in our lives.  Even as you fought for your life, you did not stop trying to enrich the lives of those around you, including mine. 

Mom, I can’t even begin to thank you for what you have given me.  I wouldn’t even know what to say.  I know, that is shocking, I always know what to say, stop laughing now!  Mostly I want you to know how thankful I am that you were chosen to be my momma.  You were the best one!  I will take you with me in my heart always.

Love you to the moon and back,

Melissa"

No comments:

Post a Comment