Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Momma bear went to heaven...

I have come to a conclusion in the past week, that what we plan isn't always what the universe plans for us.  I was apprehensive yet happy when my mom was well enough to return home a week ago today.  She wanted to go  home so badly.  She also knew something greater than ourselves is at work.  My mom told me last Thursday she would be my valentine.  We were watching a sappy commercial.  She held true to her promise and she was the best valentine a daughter could ever ask for.  However, sadly, she knew that she was tired of fighting the disease that had quickly invaded her body and taken over.  Momma bear, surrounded by friends and family, slipped away peacefully this morning.  I miss her already but I am comforted knowing she is no longer suffering from unbearable pain.


"You got me through the days
When I thought I couldn't face it
Let me count the ways
The love we have you can't replace it
Just hold on, I'm not that strong
There's a little piece of heaven
Right here where you are
The fact that you keep trying
Is what sets you apart
Help me find the reason
And I'll help you find the way
To get rid of all your pain
Little by little, day by day"

~Heaven, Theory of a Deadman~



In loving memory of Joyce Rita Baldassi (Schulz) October 18th, 1955- February 15th 2012















2 comments:

  1. I was at my counselling appointment today and I was thinking of you. I am so, so sorry. There are no words to bring you any solace. Just know that there are even strangers out there that care.
    You don't have to be strong. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her so much, my body aches. I don't know how to move on, or, will it ever get better.

    ReplyDelete